Sunday, July 5, 2009

My backpack aches my back

My backpack aches my back

To

The Education Ministry Of India
Sub: Request to reduce the weight of our School Bag.
Sir,

I am Sivaraman Suresh studying in 9th standard in a Matriculation School in Chennai. I hear a lot these days
about having single board exams. I do not know if that will do good or bad to me. But what I understand is the weight of my backpack is bad to my back. I climb up and down 3 floors every day as my class is there. My bag normally weighs about 6 - 7 kg + my lunch bag in which I carry lunch, snacks and water bottles. Other than this I hvae to carry this bag walking, until I reach the Govt. bus stop. In the Govt. bus I have to stand holding the Iron rod on the top having my bag on my back balancing in the crowd. Then again I have to walk to my school from the stop I get down. I am lucky as the distance for me is less than my friends. We have been carrying like this for so many years now.

Why can't the topics we learn be reduced? We choose our groups for profession only after 10th standard. Why do we study many subjects in lower classes? And why we are put on examination on every subject we learn? Some subjects could be for learning alone for ex, Moral

Branches of science( Physics, Chemistry, Botony, Zoology) could be combined to one subject having topics that relates to all the branches of science. For ex, Structure atom taught is physics show its relationship with chemical combination in chemistry and its plant cell in Botony and animal cell in Zoology. Another ex could be Leaning about DNA. By introducing this, I beleive we'll learn less topics but more complete understanding of what we learn. Less topics, less books, less weight.

Please consider this request and help us.

3 comments:

by kids kor kids said...

I have submitted this request to our Union HRD Minister Kapil Sibal thru his website http://kapilsibal.com/

and also sent as an e-mail to Kapil Sibal and Tamilnadu Education Minister for schools Mr. Thangam Thennarasu.

I wish I hear some good news from them.

Anonymous said...

Good effort.

Did you get any response from any of these ministers?

Try to follow it up with Matriculation Board

by kids kor kids said...

I got no response from Mr.Kapil sibal for the query posted in his website.The mail to him bounced. The mail to Thangamthennarasu also bounced. No response from matriculation board. No response from Mr. Rahul Gandhi either.

Siva.